Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What Get's God's Attention?

Today's Reading:
Luke 18, 19

According to these two chapters, there seems to be several things that God is looking for in our lives. Let's take a look at a few of them: Persistence and passion in prayer (18:1-8; 19:46), Humility (18:13-17, 38-41), Sacrifice (18:22, 29-30; 19:8, 16-26), Worship (18:43; 19:8, 35-38), Obedience & Faith. According to today's reading what do think does not get God's attention?
Please add your insights.

PrayerPoint:
Pray for each member of your family by name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a page-jumper to me this morning:

"He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt."

Ugh. Gut-punch.

To be honest, he told this parable to me. And if you're reading this blog, chances are he wrote it to you too. We're the people, religious enough in our practice, that we lose track of the source of righteous reputation. We forget that it is all on Jesus and that depending on Him is the only real thing about our goodness.

Lord, keep me from contempt--self-righteous contempt for others that comes from a belief that you like me better because of my religious practices. Junk! God thank you that I'm desperate and needy and that you like me because of your Son. Thank you for Jesus.

reasoniamalive said...

Amen to ^.

I find oftentimes I look down on people of other religions because 'I know the truth' when that should make me love them all the more. Getting lost in religiousness is not the answer ~ as P.K. so elloquently put it... I love when Paul writes Timothy and says that its because he's such a loser (essentially) that God's grace is made perfect. Yup, that's me all the way!

Father, help me to love others because you chose to love me in spite of myself. Thank you for you grace and mercy! I choose to put on Christ and crucify my flesh today. Help me to see others' needs ahead of my own and the goats as those you love as much as the sheep. :D