Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Unit 2, Day 1: God Centered Living

One of the most difficult God-Centered decisions I have made in my life was to pursue overseas missionary ministry 20 years ago. I can remember yielding myself to God's plan, sometimes not completely sure what was going to happen next. One of the first things I had to do, was to change my thinking and one of the first things I can remember God leading me to do was to abandon the "American Dream." The pursuit of the American Dream was what I was bread to pursue, but letting going of it was painful. I had quit my job, sold my things and was headed towards Bible college. The next step was to sell my car...ouch! I can remember taking the car to the person I had sold it to praying and crying out the Lord, "This hurts, how can I live without a car?!" Looking back on that experience, I can see that it took alot of faith to embrace such a concept.

How about you? What areas of your life do you need to abandon to live a God-Centered life?

We would love to read your faith experiences. Please post a comment or a prayer request.

No comments: