Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Unit 1, Day 3: Learning to Be a Servant of God

As a Christian for over 30 years now, I have been involved in all different kinds of ministries.
One of the greatest lessons I have learned in and through these ministries of service is that if I ever attempt to serve God disconnected from Him, I will burn out.

Have you ever been in such a place? I have. That's why I guard my time with Jesus each day above all else and I would encourage you to do the same also. Perhaps you are not serving God in a ministry role, but you are wearing numerous hats in the various roles of life. Do you ever feel like it's just too much? Why not take that weight to the Lord? Get alone, put on some soft music or ever better yet, some Christian worship...quiet yourself and tell God all about it...your troubles, your burdens, your concerns; the weight you are carrying. Sit in silence for a moment. Open the Bible. Read what it says. Ask God to lead you, to refresh you, to help you.

Try it again tomorrow.

Are you currently serving in a ministry role? Feeling a bit overwhelmed these days? Why not gather a few of your co-laborers together before engaging in ministry and wait on the Lord together. You might just experience a dramatic change not only in you, but in the livesof those you are ministering to.

Are you feeling really overwhelmed? Submit a prayer request in the comments section and we will pray for you.

No comments: