Sunday, March 30, 2008

Unit1, Day 1: Jesus Is Your Way

I want to start this first entry in the Experiencing Blog by welcoming you. Our desire at New Life is to see you grow closer to Jesus Christ and experience all that He has for you. Walking with Jesus is so much more than going to church, reading your Bible and doing good things. An intimate walk with Jesus radically changes your life. Bad habits are broken, hidden talents emerge, and in some cases, you find yourself in a place or situation that you would have never dreamed of. You see, God loves you and has wonderful things planned for your life starting right now!

If you have not already read the first lesson in the Experiencing God workbook, please do so now. This blog will have little impact in your life without the book. The real benefits will come when you get alone, in a quiet place with God, study the book and allow the Holy Spirit of God to speak to your soul.

Have you ever come to the place in your life where you asked God in complete honesty to show you what to do and regardless of what He showed you, or where He called you to go, you would obey? This is a difficult question to ask God. It is a BIG question and a question of great faith. The author of the workbook highlights the story of Abraham's response to God's command over his life (Genesis 12:1-5). Through Abraham's many acts of obedience, God greatly blessed him and today he remains the father of faith.

I can remember a time back in 1986 when the Lord spoke to my soul in a similar way. Twenty-two years later I have traveled around the world and have seen God work in amazing ways not only in my life but in the lives of those around me. If I had not obeyed, I would have missed out on some of the best times of my life.

What about you? What is God trying to get your attention about? Stop. Pause. Be Still...ask Him...Father God, speak to my soul, what have you created me for. Am I doing what you want or I am headed in the wrong direction? Now wait. Write down what comes to your mind. Share this with another believer. This might be something God wants you to pursue more.

Each week we will be memorizing Scripture together. Week 1 memory verse:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

No comments: